ACTIONS ALWAYS TO BE TAKEN
YOU SHOULD NEVER
- All young people must have a parent/guardian/carer present during a session.
- All people with regular access to children must have a C.R.B
- All parents are responsible for their young persons behaviour.
- All coaches are up to date with technical skills and child protection training.
- Designated child protection officer will deal with any child protection matters, in strictest confidence.
- Parental consent is needed to coach all young people.
- Strike a young person.
- Use profane, insulting, harassing or offensive language.
- Spend time alone with young people.
- Take young people alone on car journeys, no matter how short, without first consulting with parents.
- Share a room with young people.
- Take young people to your home where you will be alone with them.
- Do things of a personal nature for a young person, that they can do for themselves.
- Intrude into the private life of a young person.
- Engage in rough, physical or sexually provocative games.
- Allow or engage in any form of inappropriate touching.
(One on one coaching is done openly and minor physical contact should be done with the agreement of the archer).
- Make suggestive comments to a child or young person, even in fun.
- Allow a young person to use inappropriate language unchallenged.
- Reduce a young person to tears as a form of control.
- Allow allegations of abuse or practice to go unrecorded.
- Allow a sexual relationship to develop between someone with regular access and a young person between 16 and 18 years of age whilst there is a relationship of trust between them.